FINANCIAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Licensing has become an indispensable part of doing business internationally. PSD2 and other FinTech regulatory developments have created new opportunities for emerging champions. The regulatory matters can be confusing and overwhelming. Thales Capital covers both licensing and certification in all major jurisdictions.
If a certain business offers financial services, holding a specialized license enables it to reassure clients and partners about the security and dependability of the business, aside from allowing it to work completely legally.
Thales Capital Luxembourg facilitates the process of obtaining financial licenses in different countries.
The benefits of acquiring a license vary per country. However, there are several details that must be considered while deciding on receiving a license in a particular state.
Main types of financial licenses
We offer the expertise of our specialists to assist in obtaining the most on-demand licenses and certifications in a variety of countries:
- Financial licenses in the EU and the United Kingdom. Being a Luxembourg-based company, Thales Capital offers the most efficient solutions for obtaining a financial license in any EU country or the United Kingdom.
- Payment licenses (Canada, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Singapore). A company that includes payment transaction services in any currency should obtain a payment license to operate legally.
- We provide corporations and individual traders with legal assistance in acquiring licenses to conduct brokerage and dealer operations overseas. These services are offered by Thales Capital Luxembourg to clients worldwide.
Financial institutions can handle any type of digital asset with our digital asset regulation services. Thales Capital Luxembourg ensures the integrity of these assets.
Requirements for obtaining a license
The type of licensed services and the jurisdiction determine the licensing criteria.
- registration of the business and placement of the office in the territory of the jurisdiction where the licensor is located;
- depending on the sort of activity the firm engages in, the capital of the company must fulfill the capital requirements;
- a full business plan for the upcoming three to five years that includes a thorough explanation of the planned services;
- a thorough overview of the company’s business practices, risks, AML measures, and customer data security;
- utilization of up-to-date, trustworthy information systems to safeguard databases.
To obtain a financial license, regardless of its type, a licensee has to pass a corresponding exam that confirms its expertise in the field and get an appropriate certificate. Depending on the type of financial license, others documents are also required. Sign up for a consultation with Thales Capital Luxembourg experts to learn more.
IT STARTS WITH UNDERSTANDING CLIENT’S NEEDS
We carefully study clients’ needs before offering a product or a solution.
Licenses and certifications can be obtained by obtaining or acquiring a licensed/certified entity. The regulatory regimes covered include but are not limited to:
The services above include full support in preparing the policies and manuals as per regulators’ requirements.